Randy Green, DDS
About Dr. Randy Green
Born and raised in Metairie, LA Dr. Randolph Green is known by friends and patients as Dr. Randy Green. His mother is Doris Drexel, and his dad was Berkeley (Billy) T. Green – a petroleum engineer with Texaco, Inc. for 47 years. Additionally, Dr. Green’s sister Shelley now lives in Sugarland, Texas.
Dr. Green is married to his beautiful wife, Angela, for over 40 years. They raised three beautiful children Courtney, Blake, and Haley. At the present time, Courtney and her husband, Jesse Hayes, are the proud parents of Dr. Green’s grandchildren, Ashton and Kerrington.
Dr. Green's Education
- St. Catherine of Siena, 1966
- Archbishop Rummel High School, 1970
- LSU with a Bachelors of Science in Microbiology, 1974
- LSU School of Dentistry, 1978
Dr. Randy Green began his dental career as an associate with Dr. Edgar F. Arbour for almost three years on Metairie Road. Dr. Green then opened his own dental practice in Lakeview where he remained for the next eight years. He then relocated to 4141 Veterans Blvd. in Metairie where he practiced for 17 years until Hurricanes Katrina and Rita destroyed his office. For the next two and a half years, Dr. Green shared a small dental office with two other dentists in Metairie. Finally, in 2008 Dr. Green purchased and renovated the building he now occupies at 3812 Ridgelake Dr. in Metairie near Lake Pontchartrain.
Partnership with Dr. Jeffrey Gregson
Dr. Green takes a great deal of pride in the outstanding team he has brought together which includes three of his loyal employees who have been with him for over 30 years and another over 20 years. Most recently, Dr. Jeffrey Gregson is a welcome addition to his practice as a partner.
Dr. Green made a commitment to excellence in dentistry through the best and most current dental technology available today. This has allowed him to keep his practice growing while maintaining his philosophy of personalized patient care with an outstanding team handpicked and trained by him and Dr. Jeffrey Gregson.
Commitment to the organizations that have contributed to his success is very important to Dr. Green. In particular, he has given back to the schools he attended, the dental profession and the New Orleans community. Dr. Randy Green is a co-founder and past president of the Crescent City Hockey League. In addition, he is a co-founder of the Committee of 100-dental alums dedicated to raising funds for the improvement of dental school facilities and programs. Dr. Green has served as a leader in the New Orleans community during his career.
Previously, Dr. Green has served as:
- President of the LSU School of Dentistry Alumni Association.
- President of the New Orleans Dental Association.
- Chairman of the New Orleans Dental Conference.
- Liaison for the Louisiana Dental Association to the Louisiana State Board of Dentistry.
- Chairman of the LSU Health Science Center Foundation for two years.
- Board member of NODA Board of Governors for 8 years.
- Board member of LDA Board of Directors for 7 years.
Currently, Dr. Green serves as:
- Board member LSUHSC Foundation Board-16 years.
- Active participant in the Donated Dental Services (DDS) program, which helps with the dental needs of the poor and indigent in our community.
- Member of the Knights of Columbus.
- Board member on Lymphomaniacs of New Orleans-a local charity benefitting research for and patients afflicted by lymphoma.
- Member of the Krewe of Carrollton
Dr. Green's Hobbies
Doctors Green and Gregson are excellent dentist! They are also kind and caring individuals. I ask many questions and they always give thorough explanations. The staff is very efficient and and always are welcoming. Barbara and Diane have guided me through billing and procedures in a very helpful manner for many years.
I highly recommend the Green Gregson Family Dentistry!
Contact Dr. Green
Fill out the form below and one of our patient coordinators will contact you soon. Alternatively, you may call our Metairie office at 504-849-0190.